Quentin & Jemima Jones's
- 320g Linguine
- 400g Crab meat (i usually just do white)
- Fennel 1 bulb finely cut into long pieces.
- Garlic 1 or 2 cloves (depending on taste)
- A big handful of chopped flat leaf parsley, and chopped dill
- 2 small red chillies finely chopped with or without seeds depending on how hot you like it.
- The juice and zest of one lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice the fennel into extremely thin slivers. Keep any of the green tops and chop those too.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Chop up the chili.
- Grate the zest of the lemon, and squeeze the juice.
- Heat some oil in a pan, add the garlic, fennel and chili, and cook to soften.
- Take off the heat then add the crab, lemon juice and zest, and season. Stir through and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook and drain the pasta, keeping a little of the water in it. Add it to the crab mixture.
- Stir to combine, adding a little of the water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Then toss through the herbs and fennel tops. Serve with olive oil on the table and wedges of lemon.