Although the weather outside is not yet “frightful”… treat yourself to a hot bowl of this festive soup and pretend that winter is really here! The recipe only requires a few ingredients and will impress any dinner guest with it’s tantalizing flavors. Garnish this creamy concoction with a swirl of olive oil and dash of pepper and it is ready to be served!
1 large butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
4 ounces of salted butter
4 cups of chicken stock
Pinch of sea salt
Pepper and olive oil for garnish
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil with a dash of salt
2. Peel and cube the squash
3. Place cubes into boiling water
4. Boil for about 10mins (until soft)
5. Drain the pot
6. Add in the butter, chicken stock and salt to into the pot with the softened squash
7. Use an emulsion blender (stick blender) and blend until smooth
8. Serve with a swirl of olive oil and pepper for garnish!